Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- What Are Things I Should Look Out For Before Buying A Baby Lotion For My Baby?
- Could These Factors Be Too Stressful For You To Determine?
- 1. AVEENO Baby Daily Moisture Lotion.
- 2. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion.
- 3. Earth Mama Sweet Orange Baby Lotion.
- 4. Mamaearth Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
- 5. Cerave Baby Lotion.
- 6. Johnson’s Baby Lotion.
- 7. Baby Magic Calming Baby Lotion.
- 8. Baby Dove Lotion Sensitive Moisture.
- 9. Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion.
- 10. Just Hatched Soft Baby Lotion.
- How Do I Apply Lotions On My Baby’s Skin?.
- In Conclusion.
With thousands of baby lotions in the market, I know it can be difficult to choose the best natural baby lotion for your baby.
The baby’s skin is so tender, sensitive and delicate, so why choosing a baby lotion for your little one, ensure to choose the best.
Baby lotions are the best way to soothe a baby’s skin. They help to moisturize, sooth, protects delicate skin and nourishes the skin that may have rashes or need extra hydration.
Baby lotions are manufactured to be hypoallergenic and harmless for your baby’s skin. This means whether your baby has a nappy rash, eczema or needs their skin hydrated, baby lotions can provide all of this.
We strongly don’t recommend using general moisturizers on your baby’s skin, because the baby’s skin are prone to reactions and irritations. That’s why you should ensure to invest on best baby lotions for your little infant.
So therefore in this very article, we’re going to list 10 best baby lotions for new borns. This lotions are carefully hand picked and recommended by dermatologist for your baby’s skin.
These baby lotions about to be meantioned in this article are 100% natural and safe for your baby’s skin, they keep the baby’s skin well hydrated and moisturized.
What Are Things I Should Look Out For Before Buying A Baby Lotion For My Baby?
Before purchasing a body lotion for your little toddler, there are some certain factors you need to consider to ensure you make the right choice. They are:
Know The Content Of The Body Lotion
Before you go ahead to purchase a Lotion for your little baby, it’s very important you should know the ingredients contents of the lotion. Baby’s skin is delicate, and you should take a lot of care when choosing their lotion. Additionally, make sure that you buy products that are hypoallergenic. Such products ensure that your baby does not get any allergic reaction.
The last thing you would want is seeing your baby having rashes and all sorts of reactions. Before choosing a baby lotion ensure it 100% natural, hypoallergenic and contains no perfume or fragrance because they are mostly the cause of skin irritation in babies.
When choosing a baby lotion avoid these ingredients: Parabens, Phthalates, Methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone, Sodium laureth sulphate, Propylene glycol.
Determine Your Baby’s Skin Type
Before choosing a body lotion for your little one, it’s advised you know his or her skin type, whether he or she has a dry, sensitive, oily, or normal skin type. Also know if your baby is prone to skin rashes to enable you chose the right body lotion suitable for him or her.
Avoid Buying Too Cheap Body Lotions For your Baby.
There are thousands of baby lotions in the market, you should conduct a deep research to ensure you choose the best baby lotion for your infant suitable to your budget. Just because I said you should never buy cheap body lotions for your baby doesn’t mean you should go for expensive lotion not suitable to your budget.
However, you should not go for the cheapest product just because your budget is tight. Make sure that you go for an organic, hypoallergenic and perfume or fragrance free baby lotion. You can get an affordable baby lotion with these features. You should put your baby’s safety first before anything else.
Could These Factors Be Too Stressful For You To Determine?
Having read the above factors on things you should look out for before purchasing a baby lotion for your little one, you’ll see that you have to be extremely careful while choosing a baby lotion. This is to ensure you make the right choice.
If you find the factors too difficult to determine then we are here to help. The baby lotions which are about to be meantioned in this article are 100% organic, hypoallergenic and perfume or fragrance free, suitable to all skin type both dry, sensitive, oily and normal skin. Keeping the baby’s skin well moisturized and hydrated. These lotions are carefully hand picked and highly recommend by dermatologists.
Below are the 10 most recommended best baby lotions for new borns.
1. AVEENO Baby Daily Moisture Lotion.
AVEENO Baby Daily Moisture Lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal blended with rich emollients that soothe and help protect your baby’s delicate skin. The nourishing, non-greasy formula absorbs quickly, moisturizes for a full 24 hours, contains no drying alcohols and won’t clog pores. It’s formulated to be hypoallergenic, fragrance-free and gentle enough for daily use on baby’s sensitive skin.
Aveeno baby daily moisturizing lotion is Nourishing, non-greasy and protects the delicate skin and moisturizes for 24 hours.
- Two 18-fluid ounce bottles of Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion with natural colloidal oatmeal and rich emollients features a naturally nourishing formula that moisturizes for a full 24 hours
- From a pediatrician-recommended brand, this baby moisturizing lotion is specially formulated to be gentle enough for babies.
- Natural colloidal oatmeal and dimethicone in this oatmeal baby lotion helps prevent and protect dry skin and is gentle enough for everyday use.
- Hypoallergenic baby lotion is non-greasy as well as fragrance-, paraben- and phthalate-free so it won’t irritate your little one’s sensitive skin.
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist Recommended
- Designed for Baby’s Sensitive Skin
- No Toxins, Dyes, Parabens, Phthalates, Steroids, Formaldehydes, Fragrances, PEG and Drying Alcohol
- Nut- and Dairy-Free.
Active Ingredient: Dimethicone 1.2% (Skin protectant) Inactive Ingredients: Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, benzyl alcohol, allantoin, sodium chloride.
2. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion.
Cetaphil baby daily lotion contains natural emollients such as sunflower seed oil, soybean oil and a blend of shea butter and glycerin to moisturize and protect your baby’s delicate skin. This mineral oil free and hypoallergenic formula hydrates, softens and nourishes.
This lotion contains natural emollients such as Shea butter and Glycerin to moisturise and protect your baby’s delicate skin. Cetaphil Baby Daily lotion is free from PAMAS (No Paraben, No Animal Origin ingredients, No Mineral Oil, No Alcohol), it’s Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced and is gentle enough for newborn’s and baby’s skin
- No harmful chemicals – pamas free
- Enriched with natural ingredients
- Dermatologically tested
- Pediatrician and dermatologist recommended
- Enriched with natural ingredients: Shea Butter
- Accelerates recovery and restores the skin barrier function
- Safe to use even on newborn skin from Day1
- Hypo-allergenic, pH balanced
Ingredients: Water, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Glycerin, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Hydroxide, Dipropylene Glycol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Squalane, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Heliotropine, Tocopherol.
3. Earth Mama Sweet Orange Baby Lotion.
Earth Mama’s sweet orange moisturizing baby lotion contains vanilla and orange blend of gentle ingredients comforts and soothes sensitive, delicate skin. It contains organic herbs and oils to moisturize babies of all ages — from top to bottom, and from cheek to shining cheek.
This lotion is formulated with extra care. Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation. NO petroleum, mineral oil, parabens, or artificial fragrance.
This lotions is the very first US personal care product certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard for Personal Care Products containing organic ingredients.
- Moisturizing and soothing vanilla orange baby lotion
- Contains organic herbs and oils
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation (Hypoallergenic)
- NO petroleum, mineral oil, parabens, or artificial fragrance
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard for Personal Care Products Containing Organic Ingredients
- Formerly known as Angel Baby Lotion
Ingredients: Organic Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Organic Olive (Olea Europaea) Fruit Oil, Organic Rooibos (Aspalathus Linearis) Extract, Organic Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Olivoyl Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Organic Vanilla (Vanilla Planifolia) Fruit Extract, Organic Sweet Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Xanthan Gum.
4. Mamaearth Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
Mamaearth daily moisturizing baby lotion is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe approved toxin free brand.
This deeply moisturizing lotion is enriched with the goodness of Calendula Extracts, Shea and Cocoa Butter for deep nourishment of your baby’s skin.
Completely Free from harmful chemicals and Dermatologically tested, Mamaearth lotion is hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin. pH Balanced to keep your baby’s skin balanced and protected.
Mamaearth’s daily moisturising lotion helps keep your bundle of love’s skin velvety soft and healthy.
- Asia’s first MadeSafe certified brand
- Enriched with goodness of calendula extracts, shea & cocoa butter for deep nourishing of your baby’s skin
- Completely free of harmful chemicals like parabens, phthalates, PEG, mineral oil, fragrances etc
- The lotion is free of mineral oil, artificial colors, and harmful chemicals like parabens.
Ingredients: Purified Water, Caprylic Capric Tri Glyceride, Wheatgerm Oil, Olive Oil, Cocoa butter, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calendula Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Sodium Benzoate Synthetic, Potassium Sorbate, Cetyl Alcohol, Chamomile Essential Oil.
5. Cerave Baby Lotion.
Cerave Baby Lotion is formulated with three essential ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, dimethicone and vitamins, CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion is designed to hydrate, protect and maintain delicate baby skin as it helps reinforce the skin’s natural barrier. Developed with dermatologists and accepted by the National Eczema Association, this fragrance-free and paraben-free baby lotion provides long-lasting moisture while being gentle on baby’s skin.
- Helps protect skin and moisturize for up to 24 hours
- Fragrance-free and paraben-free to prevent irritation
- Ceramides: Essential for healthy skin, ceramides help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- Hyaluronic acid: This ingredient attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture
- Niacinamide: Helps the skin barrier and calms the skin.
- It’s a hypoallergenic formula
- Dimethicone: Helps form a barrier on the skin’s surface while giving skin a silky feel
- Sulfate-free and phthalate-free
- Developed with dermatologists
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association.
Active Ingredient: Dimethicone 1%….Skin protectant. Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Niacinamide, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauric Acid, Zinc Citrate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Arginine PCA, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, EDTA, Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Ethylhexylglycerin.
6. Johnson’s Baby Lotion.
Johnson’s Baby Lotion helps soothe dry skin for 24 hours. The Clinically Proven mildness formula nourishes and conditions baby’s dry skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth.
This lotion is dermatologist-tested and clinically proven to be gentle and mild for your baby’s skin, the lotion combines ingredients long known to soothe and relieve your baby’s dry skin. Johnson’s Baby Lotion is hypoallergenic and has a baby-fresh scent. Use Johnson’s baby lotion after your baby’s bath, or anytime your baby has dry skin.
- 27-fluid ounce bottle of body lotion
- Helps soothe dry skin for 24 hours
- For babies’ delicate skin
- Ingredients to help nourish and soften
- Hypoallergenic; formulated to be gentle, never harsh.
- Clinically Proven Mildness formula, is designed for baby’s delicate
- Baby-fresh scent.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Fragrance [Aubepine Para Cresol, Benzyl Acetate, Bicyclo Nonalactone, Dipropylene Glycol, Mefrosol], Carbomer, p-Anisic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Titanium Dioxide.
7. Baby Magic Calming Baby Lotion.
Baby Magic Calming Baby Lotion has been around for over 65 years. Baby magic Baby lotion contains Lavender and Chamomile
This Calming Baby Lotion is a rich and creamy baby lotion enhanced with Vitamins and Aloe formulated with real Lavender and Chamomile extracts to calm your baby. When bedtime is near, a tender massage with this Calming Baby Lotion will help your baby sleep while keeping skin moisturized all through the night.
- Pure Lavender and Chamomile extracts
- Rich, non-greasy and absorbs quickly
- Enriched with vitamins and aloe
- Dermatologist tested.
Ingredients: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) (Coconut Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (cocoa), PEG 75 Lanolin, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance (lavender, chamomile), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Quaternium 15.
8. Baby Dove Lotion Sensitive Moisture.
Baby Dove Baby Lotion, gently nourishes and moisturizes your baby’s delicate skin.
This fragrance-free baby lotion is formulated specially for sensitive skin, dove baby lotion moisturizes for up to 24 hours, leaving your baby’s skin silky soft. The gentle, non-irritating formula instantly soothes and moisturizes without drying out skin, and it is ideal for use after bathtime. Thanks to its hypoallergenic, pH-neutral formula, the lotion is gentle enough for daily use.
- Gently moisturizes baby skin for up to 24 hours and soothes dry skin from the first use
- This lotion is fragrance free and suitable for eczema prone skin
- Made with 100% skin-natural nutrients and helps delicate baby skin retain its natural moisture all day long. The nutrients used in this lotion are identical to those naturally found in skin
- Gentle and safety-tested formula is dermatologist & pediatrician tested
- This Lotion is formulated without dyes, parabens, or phthalates
- Baby lotion for sensitive skin. Suitable for newborns
- Give your little one’s sensitive skin the care it deserves. With a gentle, hypoallergenic and pH-neutral formula.
Ingredients: Water (aqua), Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Triethanolamine, Tapioca Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Stearamide AMP, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
9. Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion.
Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion is Designed for baby’s delicate skin, this gentle after-bath baby lotion, with vitamin E, gently moisturizes delicate skin and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. Suitable for newborns, it is clinically proven to be mild and provides gentle care for your baby from the first days of life. The pediatrician and dermatologist-tested formula is pH balanced to baby skin. Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Baby Lotion is hypollergenic and free of parabens, phthalates, and dyes.
- Gently moisturizes baby’s delicate skin and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- Suitable for newborns
- pH balanced to baby skin
- No parabens, phthalates, or dyes
- pH balanced to newborn’s skin.
- Pediatrician and dermatologist-tested.
- Hypoallergenic; formulated to be gentle, never harsh.
- No parabens, phthalates, or dyes.
- Clinically Proven Mildness formula, is designed for baby’s delicate skin
Ingredients: water, Glycerin, Cocoglycerides, Cetyl Alcohol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, p-Anisic Acid, Fragrance [Dipropylene Glycol, Methyldihydrojasmonate]
10. Just Hatched Soft Baby Lotion.
Just Hatched Soft Baby Lotion is Soothing and protecting, the yummy smelling baby lotion combines naturally derived skin conditioners and moisturizes with essential oils to create a hydrating, skin softening formula gentle enough even for newborns. Helps protect even the most delicate skin without irritating it.
- SOFT BABY BODY LOTION: This baby lotion is naturally nourishing and provides relief from chapped or cracked skin so your baby’s delicate skin is protected and moisturizes. It can be used as part of regular skin care routine by massaging onto skin before bedtime. This moisturizing baby lotion is ultra-light and absorbs quickly.
- ULTRA-HYDRATING: Provides a gentle way to soothe your baby’s skin with an ultra-mild moisturizing formula that is fast-absorbing and non-greasy, leaves your little one’s delicate skin feeling soft, smooth and lightly scented.
- NO YUCKY STUFF INSIDE: Leaves your baby’s skin moisturized without harsh ingredients / no yucky stuff like sulfates, parabens and phthalates. Just Hatched has become the preferred brand by so many moms.
- HYPOALLERGENIC: Mild and gentle formula made for babies with sensitive skin, gentle enough for newborns. Has never been tested on animals and gluten free.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Caprylic/ Capric Triglycerides, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Hydrolyzed Oats, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate.
How Do I Apply Lotions On My Baby’s Skin?.
Here are ways to apply baby lotions on your baby’s skin properly:
- Wash hands before application: Clean and dry your hands thoroughly before applying a lotion. This prevents the transfer of germs from your hands to the baby’s skin.
- Apply after a bath: A baby’s skin is clean, fresh, and supple after a bath. It is thus the best time to apply head-to-toe lotions to an infant.
Baby’s skin are delicate and sensitive, for this reason, they need to be well moisturized and hydrated. The baby lotions listed in this article will keep your baby’s skin well moisturized and hydrated for 24 hours.
These baby lotions are 100% organic, hypoallergenic, and mild to a delicate skin. Not just only babies can use these lotions, ofcourse adults can use it too.
As an adult if you have a sensitive skin, or would love to use a baby lotion because of it’s mild and natural ingredients, you can go ahead. Baby lotions keeps both babies and adults skin well moisturized and hydrated.
Very important: Ensure to check the expiring date of your baby lotion before purchasing. This is because using expired lotion on your baby’s skin may cause severe allergies or reactions.
Also Read: 10 BEST BABY SOAP BAR FOR NEWBORNS
Like what you just read? Then you'll love to like our Facebook page. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram. You can as well be a Beautysparker by joining our Facebook group, for discussions on skincare.