Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
My lips has always enjoyed its own share of Skincare, just like my face and entire body too. I leave no stone unturned when it comes to pampering my skin — I extend the kind gesture to all over my skin. And I recommend you should do same.
I’ve been a huge fan of lip balms, especially when it contains hyaluronic acid and vitamin C, and you know what? LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask contains these two lip favourite ingredients of mine. And without hesitation I plunged into purchasing it, and after three (3) weeks of everyday constant use, I’ve come to share my candid experience about this lip soothing, hydrating and nourishing mask.
LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask.
Here’s a lip mask infused with antioxidants and skin hydrating, soothing, and nourishing ingredients to supply intense moisture to the lips and at the same time protect it from external environmental aggressors and harsh weather conditions which contributes to dry, flaky lips. All thanks to vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and other good stuff ingredients. The active ingredients used in formulating this lip mask will be briefly explained below.
- Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant vitamin, which helps fend-off free radicals which contributes to unhealthy skin-looks (such as dullness, wrinkles and other skin damages), and also boost collagen and helps brighten skin tone, leaving it with a luminous healthy glow. This lip balm contains vitamin C derivative — Ascorbyl Glucoside, which converts to L-ascorbic acid when it gets to the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Helps hydrate skin surface by pulling moisture from the outmosphere to skin surface, this helps keeps skin Intensively hydrated and supple.
- Raspberry: Rich in essential fatty acids, raspberries are an excellent free radical scavenger, helping to protect the skin from daily environmental stress and prevent skin damage. It contains Omega-3 fatty acids which help the skin retain moisture, regulate oil production, and maintain elasticity.
- Blueberries: Contains high doze of anthocyanin, which may support collagen synthesis. It also extend its potentials to help fight cell-damaging free radicals, all thanks to its content in vitamin C.
- Cranberries: Cranberries are incredibly high in polyphenols and Vitamins C and E, which effectively fight free radicals to minimize the visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and loss of elasticity.
- Strawberries: Strawberries contain alpha hydroxy acids, which help to eliminate dead skin cells by mildly exfoliating the skin. The vitamin C in strawberries also contributes to keeping skin healthy and vibrant.
- Sheabutter: Sheabutter has high concentration of fatty acids and vitamins which makes it an ideal cosmetic ingredient for softening skin. All thanks to its high fatty-rich and emollient potentials. It also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties too.
LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask comes well packaged in a glass bottle perfectly sealed with a tight lid which takes a red color.
It also comes with an applicator, (looking like a small plastic spatula) used to scoop and apply the product on your lips.
Texture is creamy-rich and slimy which glide smoothly when topically applied on the lips. The texture is more like a lip gloss. Intensively moisturizing when it hits the lips and a little goes a long way. The name “mask” may sound misleading, it may seem the product “masks” the lips, leaving a tacky feeling, but No – it doesn’t. It feels like lip gloss, gives the lips that lip-balm vibe and doesn’t leave lips feeling tacky or tight. And it doesn’t also leave white slimy film around the inner part of the lips.
LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask comes in two sizes 3gram and 20gram.
Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Polybutene, Microcrystalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Synthetic Wax, Ethylene/ Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Mica, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera Hydrocarbons / Cire De Candelilla, Candelilla Wax Esters, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance / Parfum, Dimethicone, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire De Carnauba, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Water / Aqua / Eau, Potassium Alginate, Glycerin, Propanediol, BHT, Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Glucan, Ethylhexylglycerin, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Ascorbyl Glucoside
My Honest Review On LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask.
So far so good, this lip mask has been good to my kisser. My lips feels hydrated anytime I pat this lip mask on them. Not only does it give my lips that satisfactory hydration but also keeps them supple and soft every morning.
I wake up every morning with a hydrated and full lips. And oh, not only that, my lips brightened up too. There was an obvious difference on the complexion of my lips. The glow is stunning. My lips looks all brighter, soft, smooth, plump and hydrated. Although naturally I have red lips, but the lip balm helped enhanced its brightness, made my kisser look all glowing and dewy.
I scrub my lips with sugar scrub, (containing a mix of granulated sugar, honey and lemon juice, which I made myself) to help exfoliate my lips by shedding off dead skin cells, so as to potentiate the efficacy of the lip mask. I use this scrub thrice weekly. So technically I scrub my lips three times per week, and you should do same too — you wouldn’t want to over-exfoliate your lips right?.
I used this moisturizing lip mask both day and night, (as a guy, I apply little during the day and more at night) and when I wake up in the morning, my lips looks all happy. After flexing my daily skincare routine, I simply smear a little of the lip mask on my lips, to keep my lips moisturized and protected all day. Same at night too.
To sum it all up, my three (3) weeks experience with LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask has been wonderful, and this lip mask will remain in my skincare routine till I say otherwise.
What I Like About LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask.
- It’s pocket-friendly.
- Has a thick-rich-texture.
- Comes well packaged.
- Intensively hydrates the lips.
- Non-sticky and doesn’t leave lips feeling tacky or tight.
- Doesn’t leave white slimy film around the inner part of the lips.
- Contains numerous antioxidant-rich & hydrating ingredients.
What I Dislike About LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask.
- Contains no SPF (sunscreen): New generation lip balms now contains sunscreen to help protect lips from the UV rays of the sun, while keeping the lips moisturized. But since LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask doesn’t contain SPF, it becomes a dislike for me. But nevertheless, one can still apply regular sunscreen on his or her lips (just after applying it on the entire face) before layering lip balm on the lips.
- The price tag is slightly expensive: No doubt this product is wonderful, but a whooping
$22 seems a little too much to me for a lip balm. But so far it does the job as promised, what can I do? I guess I have no other choice but to keep repurchasing, because it worths the investment, and my lips are happy too – looking all bright and feeling soft and hydrated.
Possible Questions & Answers?
Q: How do you use the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask on your lips?
A: After gently scrubbing my lips with my DIY sugar scrub (which contains granulated sugar, honey and lemon juice), I pat my lips dry, then go ahead and apply a reasonable amount of LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask on my lips while I gently massage to spread evenly.
During the day, I apply less of the lip balm, as a guy, I wouldn’t like walking around with my lips covered with lip balm (which is definitely alright if you’re a lady). I use more amount at night, less during the day. I also exfoliate my lips at night-time only.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs so as result differs too.
UP NEXT: Here Are The Best Lip Balms With SPF On The Market To Keep Lips Hydrated & Protected.
Like what you just read? Then you'll love to like our Facebook page. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram. You can as well be a Beautysparker by joining our Facebook group, for discussions on skincare.