Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- My Honest Review On Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- In Conclusion.
- What I Like About Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- What I Dislike About Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- Possible Questions & Answers.
So, I decided to put a stop to using my CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion, and switch to Medix vitamin C brightening cream following the heavy positive reviews I’ve seen on the internet by users.
I’m someone that takes skincare serious and religious, by this I mean, I don’t only pamper and treat my face, I also extend the kind gesture to my body too. When it comes to skincare, your body shouldn’t be neglected, although this skincare mistake is being made by many — please stop it. Your body deserves a body skincare routine too (Just like you do for your face).
At first, when I heard about this body lotion, I made a good research on the ingredients list, only to discover it contains vitamin C — my favorite skincare ingredient, this even made me plunge ahead to purchasing the lotion without hesitation. So, if you’ve been wanting to clinch Medix vitamin C brightening cream, but still skeptical on your approach, and need to read a review before plunging ahead, then you’ve hit the right page.
I’ve used the Medix vitamin C brightening cream on my body for four (4) weeks, I think now is the right time to share my honest review on this body lotion.
Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
A body cream infused with natural antioxidants, anti-aging and skin brightening ingredients such as vitamin C and tumeric extract, to help promote even skin tone, supply antioxidant and anti-aging benefits to the skin, for youthful, smooth and glowing skin.
The active ingredients in this body cream will be briefly explained below.
- Vitamin C: a powerful antioxidant-vitamin which helps fend-off free radicals, stimulate collagen production and brighten skin tone. Medix 5.5 vitamin C cream contains two types of vitamin C — ascorbic acid and tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate.
- Tumeric Root Extract: Tumeric is antioxidant-rich, which helps protect the skin cells from free radical damage, Turmeric can also help restore natural glow and treat uneven skin tone.
- Ginger Root Extract: Ginger root extract has excellent anti-aging properties due to its ability to almost totally inhibit collagen degradation by collagenase enzyme inhibition. It allows the maintenance of protein levels in the dermis and skin flexibility.
- Aloe Vera: Contains medicinal anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, which helps keeps skin well and kicking, as it intensively hydrates and soothes dry irritated skin. It also heals wound and cuts.
- Ferulic Acid: This is an antioxidant that works to boost the effects of other antioxidants. It’s popularly paired with vitamin C to boost its efficacy for a effective result.
- Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant vitamin which help to protect the body from damaging compounds called free radicals, while also hydrating it.
Medix vitamin C brightening cream comes well packaged in an airless yellow pump container. All you have to do is apply a little pressure to the pump to dispense the cream.
Medix vitamin C brightening cream has a creamy -texture, which glides effortlessly and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy residue behind.
It has a tolerable citrus scent (more like an orange scent).
Medix vitamin C brightening cream comes in size 444 ml.
Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ceteareth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract, Ferulic Acid, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide.
My Honest Review On Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
As aforementioned, I used Medix vitamin C brightening cream everyday for four (4) weeks, just to share my personal experience about this cream.
All through the period of using this cream, it has been a wonderful experience as I had no sort of breakouts or irritations on my body, but a satisfactory hydration and soothing effect – all thanks to the moisture-rich ingredients used in the formulation of this product (sheabutter, aloe vera, vitamin E and glycerin).
Talking about skin brightening, there was a slight but obvious improvement on my skin tone but not a dramatic effect, so don’t expect something drastic. My skin complexion improved minimally and glows. If you’re someone that wants dramatic skin brightening effect, then this cream may not be the option, but with diligent and continuous usage, you’ll definitely experience an improvement in your skin tone.
While using the Medix vitamin C brightening cream, my skin texture was also improved for the better, I noticed my skin became more firm, smoother and thicker — this is also a green flag when it comes to the qualities of a body cream, we shouldn’t go for only hydration, but also anti-aging benefits, and thank goodness this cream entails prominent anti-aging Ingredients, such as vitamin C, known not only to fend-off environmental free radicals and brighten the skin, but also stimulate collagen production which in turn enhances skin elasticity and firmness. It also contains ginseng root — a herb effective in increasing the production of collagen in the skin’s dermis, firming, toning and plumping skin and also diminishing wrinkles and fine lines.
Below is my skin, before and after four (4) weeks of using Medix vitamin C brightening cream.
From my personal experience with Medix vitamin C brightening cream I can say it delivers all it promises — brightening, hydration and skin-firming — but when it comes to skin-brightening, the effect is minimal and not drastic. Therefore don’t expect an extreme brightening effect.
So, if you’re someone who doesn’t only want to go for skin hydrating moisturizer, but also wants to enjoy anti-aging and slight brightening effect, then this body cream is a good pick. Don’t forget to exfoliate your skin using a gentle body scrub 2-3 times weekly, to slough-off dead skin cells, as this will go a long way to potentiate the effect of your body skincare topicals for better penetration and efficacy.
What I Like About Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- Well packaged in an airless pump container to adequately preserve ingredients from oxidation (especially vitamin C).
- Contains skin hydrating, anti-aging and brightening ingredients.
- Doesn’t contain parabens, animal-derived ingredients, drying alcohols, PEGs, Sulfates, dyes, formaldehyde, triclosan, propylene glycol, mineral oil and tale.
What I Dislike About Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream.
- Contains fragrance. Although it didn’t state if it’s a natural or synthetic fragrance.
Synthetic fragrance can potentially cause irritation especially to those with senstive skin. But since this product contains botanical and natural ingredients (without nasties), let’s keep hope high that the fragrance is natural.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: Is Medix vitamin C brightening cream suitable for all skin types?
A: This vitamin C cream is loaded with skin natural actives and moisture-rich ingredients not only to preserve, protect and revitalize dull skin, but also supply skin with intense moisture and hydration which makes it suitable for all skin types (including dry skin).
Q: Did you encounter irritation while using this product?
A: While using the Medix vitamin C brightening cream, I had no encounter with irritation of any sort. It feels smooth, glides effortlessly and absorbs quickly.
Q: Is Medix vitamin C brightening cream suitable for senstive skin?
A: The Medix vitamin C contains no skin-irritant, as it’s formulated with natural and skin-safe ingredients which makes it suitable for not just sensitive skin, but for all skin types.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with Medix 5.5 Vitamin C + Turmeric Firming + Brightening Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs so as result differs too.
UP NEXT: The Battle Is Over – Here’s Is A In-depth Review Between CeraVe & Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.