Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- What’s The Importance Of Moisturizing The Skin.
- Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- My Honest Review On Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- In Conclusion.
- What I Like About Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- What I Dislike About Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- Possible Questions & Answers.
The importance of hydration or moisturization to the skin can never be overemphasized. Hydration plays a major role in your skincare routine, i mean, your skin deserves its own drink to stay hydrated, supple and looking healthy.
I have used quite good numbers of moisturizers from different brand, they all have their ups and downs, but this time, I found another elegant moisturizer called “Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer”, and you know what?, It’s a facial moisturizer in a 125ml size. I decided to put this skin-hydrator into the test to see how it goes after one-week of usage, I think it’s time to share my personal experience on this product, but before I plunge into that, lets know the importance of moisturizing the skin.
What’s The Importance Of Moisturizing The Skin.
Just like exfoliation is very important in a skincare routine, so is moisturization too. Investing in a good moisturizer is really essential as it keeps your skin optimally hydrated by quenching the skin’s thirst of hydration, reduces skin aging signs, helps potentiate your skin care topicals, helps balance the skin’s natural oil production and also helps your makeup apply better.
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
Simple is a skincare brand in UK known for producing skin-friendly and decent skincare products. Simple has been owned by Unilever since 2010.
Not only does this skincare brand produces quality products, but also a globally certified PETA cruelty-free skincare brand. This skincare brand boasts of their product being kind to skin, kind to planet, kind to animals and kind to people. Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser is infused with skin hydrating ingredients to keep the skin moisturized, healthy and happy. These ingredients will be briefly explained below.
- Pro-vitamin B5: Pro-Vitamin B5 is a humectant which pulls moisture from the air to deeply hydrate the skin, to keep it soft, smooth, and healthy. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect that can help stimulate your skin’s healing processes.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an oil-soluble antioxidant which not only delivers antioxidant-benefits to the skin, but also soothes, nourishes and hydrates the skin. It helps with skin repair and restoration from sun damage to healing support for scars or burns.
- Borage seed oil: Borage seed oil is a skin-soothing oil that treats all kinds of skin inflammation including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and rosacea. This nourishing oil helps soothe dry skin, it contains high concentration of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) — an important essential fatty acid, as well as linoleic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acids.
Borage seed oil offers a calming effect, helps maintain healthy skin and is suited particularly well for the dry and/or irritated skin conditions. If you’re just feeling dry, you’ll love its calming, nourishing and redness-erasing prowess. Not to mention that borage seed oil is an ultra-lightweight oil, so you don’t have to worry about greasy-residual feeling as it sinks in fast into the skin.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a skin hydrating humectant, as it draws moisture from the air to deeply hydrate the skin. It also soothes skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis and to help heal wounds resulting from cracked skin.
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser comes well packaged in a 125ml sized opaque squeezable plastic bottle with a secure flip-flop cap having a nozzle for a controlled dispense of the product.
Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser has a creamy-gel thick texture (but not too thick).
When applied on the skin, it spreads effortlessly and feels light on the skin. It absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue or feeling. This makes this moisturizer suitable for all skin types including oily skin. (I have oily skin myself).
Aqua, Glycerin, Parafﬁnum Liquidum, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Borago Ofﬁcinalis Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Pantolactone, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Hydroxide, Serine, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Urea.
My Honest Review On Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
Let me cut into the point, this is a moisturizer that you’ll apply on your skin and feel instant soothing and hydrating effect, all thanks to the moisture-rich ingredients infused in this product.
From my one-week experience from this product, I can say, it’s a moisturizer one can count on. Not only does it deliver that satisfactory moisture to my skin, but also feels lightweight, non-greasy and non-shiny. I get to enjoy the hydration effect, it keeps my skin hydrated all day and all night. I wake up with a smooth, supple and hydrated skin every morning.
From my personal experience with this product, I had no irritation or acne breakout, all thanks to the skin friendly and non-comedogenic ingredients in this product, they have no tendency to block skin pores, which won’t lead to acne breakouts. This product is also hypoallergenic and ophtalmologically tested.
When applied on the skin, it absorbs quickly and sinks in faster without leaving no trace of greasy or oily residue behind, which makes it great for all skin types (including oily or acne prone skin).
If you have an extreme dry skin, and you want a more intense hit of hydration, Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser may not give you all that, you can use moisturizers suitable for dry skins to achieve your goal.
If you’re seeking for a lightweight moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated all day and night, you may as well give this product a shot. Not only will you enjoy its light-weight feel on the skin, but also enjoy the satisfactory and soothing hydration effect it delivers to the skin.
What I Like About Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- It’s travel-friendly.
- It’s light-weight, non-greasy, non-shiny.
- It has all the information on the labels.
- Contain no artificial fragrance or colour.
- Contains no harsh chemicals that can upset your skin.
- Contains no alcohol.
- Contains no soap.
- Contains no parabens.
- Contains no added phtalates.
What I Dislike About Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
- I have no dislike about this product.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How do you use Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser?
A: I apply Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser on a well cleansed damp skin, after applying my skincare topicals. I use this moisturizer at the last step in my skincare routine.
Q: Can people with dry skin use Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser?
A: Yes, people with dry skin can enjoy the hydration effect from this product. However, if you have an extreme dry skin, and you want a moisture-rich moisturizer that will give you a hit of intense hydration to soothe your dry, I doubt if this moisturizer will serve the purpose. You can try out moisturizers for dry skin which contains multiple hydrating ingredients.
Q: Is Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser suitable for oil skin?
A: Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser has a creamy-gel texture, which feels lightweight on the skin and also absorbs faster, and for this fact, makes it suitable for oily and acne-prone individuals, not to forget it contains no pore-clogging ingredient (non-comedogenic).
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with The Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs so as result differs too.