Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- About The Brand.
- Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++
- My Honest Review On Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
- In Conclusion.
- What I Like About Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
- What I Dislike About Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
- Possible Questions & Answers.
I exhausted my Missha Aqua Sun Gel Sunscreen, so I decided to try something new. I mean, having hundreds of great Korean-produced sunscreens on the market, who wouldn’t dream of wanting to try them all?
So, I hit the store and the Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF caught my attention because of its claims of being super-lightweight and suitable for oily skin, and being an individual who has oily skin, I didn’t hesitate to make the purchase.
I’ve used this sunscreen for two weeks, and I’ve come to share my honest review about it. Keep reading to learn more.
About The Brand.
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ is produced by a Japanese skincare brand from Rohto Pharmaceutical, which are also the creators of Hada Labo and Melano CC. This range specialises in skincare that protects the skin from harmful environmental damage. They are 100% Cruelty Free.
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++
A moisture-rich chemical UV-skin protecting sunscreen that contains sun protection factor (SPF) at 50+ to ensure adequate skin protection from the sun, thus preventing the occurrence of skin damages such as: tanning and thinning.
Not only does it keep the skin protected from the dangerous UV rays of the sun, but also keep the skin hydrated and happy.
The prominent ingredients used in the formulation of this product will be briefly explained below:
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A derivative of hyaluronic acid and a moisture-magnet ingredient, that pulls moisture from the atmosphere to hydrate the skin, thus keeping the skin hydrated, plump and happy.
- Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate: This is an organic compound used in sunscreens to absorb UVA radiation. It gives sun protection in the whole UVA range (320-400 nm) with peak protection at 354 nm. DHHB has excellent photostability and compatibility with other UV absorbers and other cosmetic ingredients.
- Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine: Also known as (Tinosorb S or Bemotrizinol) is a synthetic UV filter that delivers broad-spectrum sun protection due to its ability to absorb UVA and UVB rays. As a broad-spectrum ingredient, it covers the whole UVB and UVA range, 280-400 nm, with peak protections at about 310 and 345 nm and unlike older UV filters, it’s very photostable.
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ comes in two sizes, 110g and 140g.
I purchased the 140g and it comes well packaged and sealed in a white plastic-pump container, which enables easier usage.
All you have to do is to apply a gentle pressure on the pump to dispense product content prior to application.
It has a lightweight creamy texture, which glides on the skin effortlessly and absorbs almost immediately after application without leaving no white cast or a greasy feeling behind.
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ comes in two sizes. Medium and large. The medium size comes in a 110g while the large size comes in a 140g
Water, Ethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, DPG, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Acetylhyaluronate (Super Hyaluronic Acid), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Arginine (Amino Acid), Diethylamino hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, BG, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Triazone, (Acrylate / Alkyl Acrylate (C10-30)) Acrylates / Alkyl Acrylate C10- 30 Crosspolymer, Tea, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polystyrene, EDTA 2Na, Xanthan Gum, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben. Learn how to read skincare ingredient lists .
My Honest Review On Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
This sunscreen is termed “suitable for oily skin” by the brand, and I’m here to tell you that their claims are 100% true.
This sunscreen is so lightweight that it is almost unfelt when applied on the skin, and it absorbs quickly when you give it a gentle massage, without leaving white cast behind or leaving the skin feeling greasy.
My two weeks experience with this sunscreen has been wonderful so far and I haven’t incurred any irritation or breakout since using this product which I’m most happy about.
After finishing up with my morning skincare products and application of my moisturizer, I simply go ahead to apply this sunscreen in a three-finger worth to cover my face and neck in one layer, and I’m good to go.
Sometimes I skip applying my moisturizer during my morning skincare routine and jump straight to applying this sunscreen, because it’s very hydrating on the skin, so I tend to let the sunscreen take the place of my moisturizer, especially if it’s a hot day and I don’t want to sweat.
Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel is worth every penny spent and has included itself into my list of best Korean-brand-produced sunscreens and just like Missha Aqua Sun Gel SPF 50, this sunscreen has also won a spot in my skincare cabinet.
However, the downsides of this product is for the fact that it contains Methylparaben (a preservative). Although there hasn’t been any strong evidence about it causing havoc to the skin, but it could potentially irritate the skin of individuals who are sensitive to parabens.
Another downside of this product is its content in alcohol (Polyvinyl Alcohol). Although the inclusion of alcohol in chemical sunscreen products is rampant because alcohol is one of the main components that makes the sunscreen texture feels lightweight on the skin, thus absorbs quickly, but alcohol can also cause skin dryness, which can result in itchiness and skin discomfort.
But judging from the ingredients list, alcohol comes second to the last on the list, meaning the product contains a small amount of alcohol.
So, if you’re sensitive to parabens and alcohol, you may consider opting out from this product, although I have sensitive skin and this product never freaked my skin out. And if you plunge ahead to make a purchase of this product, please do well to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application. This is to test if the product is compatible with your skin.
From my two weeks experience with Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+, I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone seeking to give it a try, especially if you have oily skin. Feels hydrating on the skin without leaving the skin feeling greasy or bugged down.
Sunscreen is your skin defense, therefore, it shouldn’t be exempted in your skincare routine, unless you want to ruin your skincare-efforts. Always remember that the sun is unfriendly to the skin and can ruin your skincare-efforts which you’ve spent years building. Always wear sunscreen everyday.
Don’t forget to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application.
What I Like About Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
- Feels completely lightweight on the skin and absorbs quickly.
- It doesn’t contain potential pore-clogging ingredients.
- Comes well packaged and sealed to avoid spillage.
- Product’s price is at a considerate rate.
What I Dislike About Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF 50+ PA++++.
- Contains Methylparaben: This is a chemical that’s often used as preservatives to elongate skincare product’s shelf life. Although there hasn’t been any concrete evidence about it causing havoc to the skin, but it could potentially cause minor irritation to anyone allergic to parabens. This is more reasons why you should always perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application.
- Contains Alcohol (Polyvinyl Alcohol): The inclusion of alcohol in chemical sunscreens is to lighten the product’s texture, thus making it feel lightweight on the skin and also absorbs faster. Aside from these advantages, alcohol also has its downside – it can cause dry-feeling on the skin, which can incur the occurrence of itchiness and skin discomfort. Judging from the ingredients list, alcohol comes second to the last on the list, meaning the product contains a small amount of alcohol.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How did you use the Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF?
A: After cleansing my skin and applying my morning skincare products, I plunge ahead to apply the Skin Aqua UV Super Moisture Gel SPF, in a three-finger worth amount and gently massage till fully absorbed. Learn how to apply sunscreen correctly.
NEXT UP: Your Kids Are Not To Be Exempted. Here Are The Best Kids Sunscreen On The Market .
Like what you just read? Then you'll love to like our Facebook page. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram. You can as well be a Beautysparker by joining our Facebook group, for discussions on skincare.