Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- About Aveeno Brand.
- Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- My Honest Review On Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- In Conclusion.
- What I Like About Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- What I Dislike About Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- Possible Questions & Answers
I finished with my COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream, and yet again, I ventured into the market, hunted for my next moisturizer, and guess what? I settled with the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream. After using this moisturizer everyday (both morning and night) for two (2) weeks, I’ve gathered a lot to share with you guys on my experience with this skin-moisture-enriching moisturizer. But before I plunge ahead, let me reveal some details about this moisturizer.
About Aveeno Brand.
This is an old skincare and haircare brand that has been existing since the 19s. Aveeno is an American brand of skin care and hair care products owned by American consumer goods and pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson. Aveeno was founded in 1945 by brothers Albert and Sidney Musher, and its first product was their Soothing Bath Treatment.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
A moisture-rich moisturizer, enriched with skin hydrating, soothing, and nourishing ingredients to deliver heavy-dose of moisture to the skin, keeping skin intensively moisturized (relieved of dryness), supple and healthy.
The prominent ingredients in this moisturizer are briefly explained below.
- Glycerin: Acts as a humectant, which is a substance that allows the skin to retain moisture. Making it great for the skin. It can increase skin hydration, relieve dryness, and refresh the skin’s surface. It’s also an emollient, which means it can soften skin.
- Oat Kernel flour: A skin nourishing skincare ingredient, extracted from the seeds of the Avena Sativa plant and otherwise known as the oat plant. Offers skin soothing, skin protecting, and antioxidant benefits to the skin. It is loaded with skin-goodies such as anti-inflammatory and anti-aging agent – beta-glucan, skin nourishing lipids, and moisturizing carbohydrates.
- Oat kernel oil: A non-comedogenic oil (won’t clog pores). Extracted from the kernels of the Avena sativa plant. Oat kernel oil can reduce the appearance of papules, blackheads, and lesions, making it a great choice for acne prone skin types. Due to the high polar lipid content including ceramides, oat kernel oil also acts as an occlusive and a humectant, which absorbs and retains moisture in the skin.
- Shea butter: Is loaded with high concentrations of fatty acids and vitamins, making it an ideal cosmetic ingredient for softening skin. Shea butter also has anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Using shea butter on your body, especially your face, can condition, tone, and soothe your skin.
- Dimethicone: Is a gentle, effective moisturizing ingredient for both the face and body. It helps provide long-lasting skin-smoothing benefits, and is ideal for areas prone to rough, dry skin such as knees, elbows, hands and feet, and can help with certain skin conditions like eczema.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream comes in a jar. Tightly sealed with its cover lid to avoid product spillage.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream has a creamy but lightweight texture. Which glides effortlessly on the skin and absorbs (after a gentle massage) without leaving any greasy feeling behind.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream comes in a 311g jar size.
Water, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, avena sativa (oat) kernel oil, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, ceramide NP, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, benzyl alcohol, methylparaben, steareth-20, sodium chloride.
My Honest Review On Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
On the product packaging it says – “helps heal very dry skin and intensively moisturizes to help restore dry skin” and you know what? My skin has yet again enjoyed another touch of intense moisture from a moisturizer. Infact, my skin has made a new moisturizer-friend (Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream).
When it comes to skincare, I take every aspect of it seriously, from antioxidant defense, to anti-aging and hyperpigmentation treatment, down to skin moisturization and sun protection. My skin is my investment, and I take it as such by pampering it with every essential skincare product that it deserves.
Moisturizing adequately helps the skin retain moisture, stay hydrated and healthy. Having a flaky dry skin won’t only make your skin look aged, but also create room for possible occurrence of acne, because when the skin lacks moisture, the sebum gland releases sebum (oil) to balance skin pH level and too much sebum production can clog your pores which results to acne breakouts. Therefore taking your hydration skincare routine seriously is a good business.
Down to business, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream delivered intense moisture to my skin as it claims — unlike moisturizers that don’t sink into the skin upon application, Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream does. When applied, it glides effortlessly and absorbs into the skin without leaving any greasy residue behind. It doesn’t also leave a matt finish — which is an advantage to those who doesn’t love moisturizers with matt finish
When applied on my skin, I immediately felt that satisfactory hydration, leaving my skin feeling optimally moisturized and happy. This is no joke, the hydration is real.
According to some happy users, they said it helped soothe and healed their eczema (atopic dermatitis) and also relieved their skin of psoriasis which makes more sense why the moisturizer claims to repair the skin.
The lightweight texture of this product made me love it even more, because I have oily skin and wouldn’t like anything that will overwhelm my skin. And oh, don’t judge its performance with its lightweight texture, because it indeed delivers intense moisture to the skin. Therefore, in my book, I’ll say this product is suitable for all skin types (including oily skin).
Since using this moisturizer AM and PM for two (2) weeks, I never incurred any skin irritation or breakouts of any kind, which makes me more happy with the product, because I prefer a skincare product not to work, rather than breaking me out. But I strictly recommend you to perform a patch test prior to commencing product application as skin type differs, so shall results differ too.
Aside from the intense hydration effect my skin enjoys from this moisturizer, my skin also glows radiantly any time I apply it. Believe me when I say, “you can never go wrong with Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream“.
This is a moisturizer to try out if you love to keep that skin of yours intensively moisturized, supple and healthy. It’s completely lightweight in texture, therefore sinks into the skin upon application and does its skin moisturization job. It’s pocket friendly for its size, and definitely worth the price.
What I Like About Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- Product comes well packaged.
- Deeply moisturizes the skin, leaves it feeling optimally hydrated and soft.
- Product texture is completely lightweight and doesn’t leave any greasy residue.
- Cruelty-free and contains no toxic or harmful substances. Read how to read skincare ingredients list label.
- Completely fragrance-free.
What I Dislike About Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream.
- Product scent is off-putting: The scent is on the unpleasant side, but I find it very much tolerable. It smells like a drug, of course it’s a drugstore moisturizer, but I’ve gotten used to it. So far the product does the job, I don’t mind the scent.
The moisturizer doesn’t contain fragrance so don’t expect that sweet scent. But not to worry, the scent isn’t strong and won’t last for long. But make up your mind to embrace the scent so as to get used to it.
- Product has to be scooped for application: Which can encourage the deposition of bacteria into the product. I recommend the brand to devise a means for the application of this moisturizer without necessarily scooping it.
Packaging can be changed into a tube container, or even a container with a pump, as this won’t only prevent bacteria deposition, but also encourages more efficient product-usage. But nevertheless, I applaud the Aveeno brand for the production of this wonderful lightweight and Intensively hydrating moisturizer.Note: Endeavor to always wash both hands before scooping your moisturizer, to avoid depositing bacteria into it.
The Aveeno brand has announced the change in the packaging of their Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream, but no changes were made in the ingredients list, therefore the product’s ingredients list still remains the same.
Possible Questions & Answers
Q: How did you use the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream?
A: After cleansing my skin, I ensure my skin is moist or damp (not dripping wet), then I smear a reasonable amount of this moisture-rich moisturizer on my face, while I gently massage till fully absorbed. I use it everyday (both morning and night).
Q: How do you combine Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream with your skincare routine?
A: As a moisturizer, it comes at the last phase of a night-time skincare routine, and second to last phase of a morning-time skincare routine (before sunscreen).
Therefore, after applying my night-time routine skincare products, I apply Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream to seal in moisture into the skin, and keep it intensively moisturized all night. While during my morning-time skincare routine, after application of my skincare topicals, I slap some reasonable amount of the moisturizer to my face, gently massage it till fully absorbed, then I move ahead to protect my skin with my sunscreen, before exploring my outdoor activities. Read how to properly apply sunscreen.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.