Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- About COSRX Brand.
- COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In one Cream.
- My Honest Review On COSRX Advanced Snail All in One Cream.
- In Conclusion.
- COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream Vs Mucin Power Essence.
- What I Like About COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
- What I Dislike About COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
- Possible Questions & Answers.
Imagine a skincare product so famous and attaining mad reviews that you can’t help but to purchase it to see for sure if it really worths the hype. Yea, I’m talking about COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
Although, it’s not advised to buy skincare products you don’t need just because they’re for sale. But the truth about me is, when I come across a raving skincare product, I’m profusely tempted to purchase and use it just to ensure if it really worths the glorification and of course share my honest experience with it with you guys.
The thing is, I’ve used some promising moisturizers from reputable brands in the past, like, The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factor + HA, Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, CeraVe and Cetaphil Moisturizer, and Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream, and the truth is, I had wonderful experience with them all.
On getting to know about COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream, I thought I should include it into my list of used and reviewed moisturizers, so I purchased it, used it everyday for two (2) weeks (both morning and night) — now it’s time to share my candid review about this skin-hydrating-hitting moisturizer.
About COSRX Brand.
COSRX is a South Korean brand, founded in 2013. As a dedicated skincare brand, they’re known for producing no-nonsense skincare products with high concentrations of actives. The ingredients aren’t complicated as they truly focus on the root of the issue for all types of skin concerns. Among the most wanted products in this brand are the hydrocolloid bandages called Acne Pimple Master Patches.
COSRX Advanced Snail 92 All In one Cream.
A lightweight moisturizer, enriched with 92% of snail mucin to give skin nourishment and moisture without making skin feel greasy or weighed-down.
And hey. Don’t be scared, no harm to the snails of which mucin is extracted from for the formulation of this product.
According to the brand, “The snails are placed over a mesh in a dark and quiet room, where they are left alone to freely roam the net and leave mucin in their trails. There is no external process applied or the mesh to force mucin production“.
The prominent ingredients in this formulation will be briefly discussed below:
- Snail Mucin: Extracted from snails, and acts as a mega multi-tasker, with the ability to do everything from moisturizing to boosting skin hydration and promoting collagen production, healing and regeneration.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from coconut oil and glycerin, it’s considered an excellent emollient and skin-replenishing ingredient. It’s included in cosmetics due to its content of fatty acids that skin can use to replenish its surface and resist moisture loss. Caprylic/capric triglyceride can also function as a thickener, and can work as a preservative of sorts to make the active ingredients in cosmetics last longer, but its chief job is to moisturize and replenish skin. This ingredient’s value for skin is made greater by the fact that it’s considered gentle.
- Hyaluronate: This is a derivative of hyaluronic acid – a humectant. It’s a salt form or version of HA which has a low molecular weight. It’s small enough to penetrate the epidermis, or top layer of the skin. In turn, it can improve hydration from the underlying skin layers to retain water and help keep skin hydrated, soft and plump.
- Dimethicone: Also known as “silicone“, being an occlusive, dimethicone helps form a breathable barrier at the top layer of the skin to avoid moisture-loss therefore influencing skin adequate hydration, fill in lines and pores and protect the skin from chemical exposure and other environmental damages. If you’re scared of silicones thinking it clogs pores, know that it doesn’t. Silicones have a particular molecular structure with big gaps between each molecules. Skin can still sweat, and active ingredients can also reach the skin through these gaps. Silicones has no pore-clogging attributes — so, you absolutely have nothing to be concerned about.
The COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream comes well packaged in a plastic container with a tight lid to properly seal in product content to avoid spillage. It also comes with an extra layer of a plastic-seal before the cover lid, to further help protect product content from spilling.
COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream has a gooey-lightweight texture (but not sticky). Although it appears to be sticky when scooping out of the product container, but doesn’t feel sticky on the skin.
The texture is completely light-weight and when applied on the skin, it absorbs quickly and leaves the skin looking dewy, soft, supple and Intensively moisturized without bugging the skin (or over weighing it) and leaving no greasy residue behind. You’re definitely going to love the dewy and immense moisturizing effect on the skin. A little goes a long way. You don’t need to apply too much.
It comes in a 100g size.
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic acid, Arginine, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine, Phenoxyethanol.
My Honest Review On COSRX Advanced Snail All in One Cream.
After using this facial moisturizer everyday (both morning and night) for two (2) weeks, the result was hydration at Its peak!!. Yea, you read right, Intense hydration was the result. My skin felt immediately conditioned anytime I smear this snail-slime extract moisturizer on my face.
Infact, whenever I remember I will apply COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream, I become immensely happy. The feeling is so special whenever it’s on my face, it soothes and deeply moisturizes my skin. I could feel my skin cells and tissues jumping for joy.
And you know the best part? It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, not one bit!. And also never leaves a greasy feeling when applied. No hassle in application as it glides effortlessly and smoothly on the skin. All you need to do is, scoop out a reasonable amount and massage gently on your face till it’s fully absorbed.
I always apply this skin repair moisturizer on a moist skin, as moisturizers binds well with the skin when applied on a moist or damp skin (not too damp or moist) which makes them work the most. And I recommend you should do same too, as moisturizers contains humectants like hyaluronic acid, glycerin and snail extract (which is the main ingredient in COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream) which draws or pulls moisture from the atmosphere to the skin, therefore needs to be applied on a moist skin to do the most.
Applying a humectant-based moisturizer like (COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream) on a dry skin will do the opposite of what is intended, as it will pull moisture from the skin to hydrate the skin-surface which will leave the skin even more dehydrated. Therefore do the needful by rightly applying a moisturizer on a slightly moist or damp skin.
With this facial moisturizer, I wake up every morning with a supple, plump and intensively moisturized skin, and believe me when I say this further enhanced my skin texture, as aside from intense hydration, snail slime also helps stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin, protects the skin from free radicals, soothes the skin, repairs damaged tissues and restores hydration which in turn enhance skin texture by minimizing skin aging-signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
With this moisturizer by my side, my skin can boast of sufficient hydration. I really recommend this moisturizer. And the good news is, I never experienced irritation or breakouts while using this moisturizer, my skin loves and compliments it. But I strictly recommend you to perform a patch test prior to commencing product application as skin type differs, so shall results differ too.
If you’re seeking for a quality facial moisturizer to step-up your hydrating game by supplying serious hydration to your skin, keeping it optimally moisturized, in good shape and healthy, I wholeheartedly recommend COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream Vs Mucin Power Essence.
Now that you’ve acquired all the information you’ve longed for on COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream. It may interest you to bring to your awareness of its counterpart COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence – Formulated with 96% snail secretion filtrate and sodium hyaluronate, to repair and rejuvenate the skin, keeping it optimally hydrated.
In comparison of both, the difference between the two is their texture and concentration of snail mucin. One is a slimy moisturizer, while the other is a hydrator (more like hyaluronic acid).
People really love this hydrating essence, and swears by it.
Both COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream and Mucin Power Essence contains snail mucin, the moisturizer contains 92%, while the essence contains 96% in which a combine use of both is recommended to give skin a heavy shot of hydration, and keep it looking all glowy, dewy smooth and healthy.
What I Like About COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
- Product is fragrance-free
- Product comes well packaged.
- Deeply moisturizes the skin, leaves it feeling dewy and soft.
- Product texture is completely lightweight and doesn’t leave any greasy residue.
- Cruelty free and contains no toxic or harmful substances.
What I Dislike About COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
- My only downside of this product is the fact that it has to be scooped for application, which can encourage the deposition of bacteria into the product. I recommend the brand to devise a means for the application of this moisturizer without necessarily scooping it. Packaging can be changed into a tube container, or even a container with a pump, as this won’t only prevent bacteria deposition, but also encourages more efficient product-usage. But nevertheless, I applaud the COSRX brand for the production of this wonderful lightweight and Intensively hydrating moisturizer.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How did you apply CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream?
A: I cleanse my skin with a skin-suitable facial cleanser, while I gentle pat (not rub) my face with a clean towel. While my skin is slightly moist or damp, I apply a reasonable amount of the moisturiser, while I gentle massage till fully absorbed.
Q: Is CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream suitable for all skin types?
A: CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream is completely lightweight, and doesn’t feel greasy or heavy on the skin when applied, but supply intense hydration to the skin and keeps it moisturized which doesn’t only makes it suitable for oily skin, but for all skin types in general.
Q: How did you use this moisturizer in combination with your other skincare products?
A: After cleansing my skin and apply other skincare products, while strictly following the skincare layering rule “thinnest to thickest“. I seal in moisture at last with the CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream.
Q: Is CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream cruelty free?
A: COSRX is a cruelty free brand, regarding to that, all their skincare products are all cruelty free too. According to the brand, “we do not test on animals. Our snail mucin products are also 100% cruelty free, causing no harm to any animals in the process“.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with CosRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.