Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
My exploitation of moisturizers has been an enticing one. Infact, it’s adventurous.
I love to use different moisturizers from different brands just to have new experiences and of course share my personal experience with them with you guys, and believe me when I say, I’ll keep doing that till they kingdom come.
I was done with my previous moisturizer, which is Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream – and it was time to add a new facial moisturizer to my collection and guess what it was? It’s the Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion.
This moisturizer has been the talk of the town in the skincare world, especially regarding its super lightweight texture and intense moisturizing potential. So, I drew my card, ordered it from Amazon, used it for two (2) weeks, both morning (AM) and night (PM), and now it’s time to share my honest review about it.
Keep reading to learn from my experience with this moisture-rich moisturizer.
About The Brand.
Isntree is a Korean skincare brand, founded in January 2012. This Korean skincare brand is responsible for the good skin-health of so many individuals. As they produce quality and skin-safe skincare products using natural, safe and healthy skincare ingredients, to address numerous skin concerns and preserve one’s natural beauty, without actually digging a whole in your pocket.
Adding to that, Isntree brand is completely cruelty-free. They don’t test finished products or ingredients on animals, and neither do their suppliers or any third-parties. They also don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law.
Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion.
A super lightweight moisturizer, in an emulation format, loaded with skin soothing, conditioning and hydrating ingredients to address inflammation, flakiness and dehydrated skin. Keeping the skin super hydrated, without actually feeling too heavy on the skin, or leaving the skin feeling greasy.
The main ingredients used in this product-formulation will be briefly explained below:
- Green Tea: One of the main ingredients in this moisturizer. Extracted from the lightly steamed fresh leaves of the camellia sinensis plant. Rich in antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties to soothe inflamed skin (by reducing irritation and redness), treat acne, moisturize the skin and promote overall skin health. Green tea is a suitable ingredient for people with oily and acne prone skin, and the Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion contains 5% of it.
- Propanediol: An emollient that helps prevent the skin from damage by reducing water loss. soothe, soften, and enrich the skin. This natural emollient works as a protective skin barrier and helps reduce water loss by increasing skin hydration levels.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from coconut oil and glycerin, it’s considered an excellent emollient and skin-replenishing ingredient. It’s included in cosmetics due to its content of fatty acids that skin can use to replenish its surface and resist moisture loss. Caprylic/capric triglyceride can also function as a thickener, and can work as a preservative of sorts to make the active ingredients in cosmetics last longer, but its chief job is to moisturize and replenish the skin. This ingredient’s value for skin is made greater by the fact that it’s considered gentle.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a humectant, a type of moisturizing agent that pulls water from the air or atmosphere into the outer layer of your skin, which promotes superficial hydration.
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract: A skin soothing ingredient, which provides skin-soothing effects by helping to reduce inflammation. It suppresses the production of active oxygen and nitrogen species, which has an anti-inflammatory effect on cells. Ginkgo biloba is also rich in quercetin, a flavonoid that is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: An effective ingredient not only for its anti-aging benefits, but also for improving skin hydration. Therefore, Centella asiatica can be used in moisturizing cosmetic formulations to address the issues of dry and sensitive skin.
- Salix Alba (willow) Bark Extract: A plant extract with proven skin-soothing benefits. It is also known as willow bark. Some skincare brands tout this ingredient as a natural alternative to the salicylic acid (BHA) exfoliants.
- Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract: A powerful source of polyphenolic antioxidants proven to interrupt elements that damage skin.
It’s known for its potent antioxidant and skin-conditioning benefits. Blueberries contain several types of antioxidants (known as polyphenolics) that are not only healthy for your body when eaten but also for your skin when applied via skincare products. Along with polyphenol antioxidants, blueberries are also a good source of vitamin C, although the polyphenol-based antioxidants are present in far greater amounts.
- Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract: A leaf extract, which houses antimicrobials and anti-inflammatory properties, soothes irritation, calms redness and improves overall skin health.
- Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract: A plant extract, mostly used as a traditional medicine in China and Korea. Aside its traditional-medicinal potentials, a 2006 study examined its skin potentials, and it was discovered to be a great skin moisturizer, as it binds water to the skin, thus promoting water retention in the skin, which promotes skin hydration, making this ingredient serve equivalent function as the superstar hyaluronic acid. Researchers also found that Ulmus extract has promising anti-inflammatory and photoprotective properties. Seems like a goodie plant extract.
- Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract: The extract from the evening primrose flowers is essential for maintaining skin’s elasticity. It possesses deeply soothing, moisturizing and softening properties and is therefore especially useful in caring for the daily comfort of dry skin.
- Pueraria Lobata Root Extract: Helps improve skin’s internal metabolism and improve cell turnover. That way, they can help address skin issues such as fine lines, wrinkles and improve skin elasticity for a tighter and shinier skin.
- Allantoin: This emollient-ingredient is used as a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations (such as diaper rash, skin burns from radiation therapy). Emollients are substances that soften and moisturize the skin and decrease itching and flaking.
- Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate: A skin-conditioning ingredient that can improve the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness. Dipotassium glycyrrhizate has a soothing effect on the skin and is thought to help support the calming of inflammation in the skin.
Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion comes in a brown pump-container to enable easier product dispensing prior to usage.
The product is well packaged and sealed to avoid content spillage.
Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion has a super lightweight texture. The kind that absorbs almost immediately up on application without leaving any atom of greasy feeling behind.
Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion comes in a 120ml bottle size.
Water, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Beeswax, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Allantoin, Beta-Glucan, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone. Learn how to read skincare ingredient lists.
My Honest Review On Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion.
First thing first, if you’re wondering what an emulsion is, know that an emulsion is a lighter version of a moisturizing cream, which is milky and super lightweight in texture.
It is a lightweight, water-based moisturizer (or cream) between the consistency of a serum and a moisturizer. It is a lot less hydrating than a cream and a lot lighter than a regular cream or lotion which makes it very suitable for individuals with oily skin (like myself) which is the core reason why I purchased this facial moisturizer.
After a diligent use of this Korea-brand-moisturizer for two (2) weeks, both morning (AM) and night (PM), I can confidently say that it ticked all my boxes.
Infact, this is hands down one of the best moisturizers I’ve used so far. Not only is it super lightweight on the skin, but intensely hydrates and moisturizes my skin. I can literally feel that satisfactory skin-hydration – similar to the satisfactory feeling you get when you quench your thirst for water.
When I say this moisturizer is super lightweight, I meant it, I’m not exaggerating. You could literally apply this moisturizer and forget you have it sitting on your skin. This is to tell you how super lightweight it is. It never leaves any greasy feeling or residue behind which is honestly a huge plus for me, considering my skin type – oily skin.
I can comfortably apply the Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion on my face during the day, while topping it up with my lightweight sunscreen, without feeling greasy. This lightweight, moisture-rich and soothing moisturizer will remain in my skincare routine until I say otherwise and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone seeking to experience weightless-hydration, without any greasy feeling.
If you have dry or super dry skin, I wouldn’t recommend this moisturizer for you, because it may not serve adequate hydration and moisturization purposes with regard to your skin type. You’re better off with thicker moisturizers like CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion or The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA.
If you’re on the oily skin side (like myself) and you’re seeking for a moisturizer to keep that skin of yours intensely hydrated and moisturized but without making your skin feel greasy, then Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion is your best bet, as it absorbs super fast up on application, soothes and hydrates the skin, keeping it moisturized all day and night. But don’t forget to perform a patch test prior to commencing full product application to test for allergies.
What I Like About Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion.
- Comes well packaged and sealed.
- Super lightweight and super moisturizing.
- Comes in a pump-container packaging to encourage easy product dispensing.
- Contains no skin-harmful or toxic ingredients. Learn how to read skincare ingredients list labels.
- Completely cruelty-free
- Completely fragrance-free
What I Dislike About Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion.
- I have no dislike for this product.
The Isntree brand has announced the change in the packaging of their Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion, but no changes were made in the ingredients list, therefore the product’s ingredients list still remains the same.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How Did You Use Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion?
A: After cleansing my skin with my ZapZyt Acne Wash Cleanser, I plunge ahead with my other skincare routine products, then lastly, I apply a generous amount of Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion, while I gently massage it till fully absorbed.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with the Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.
UP NEXT: Want To Explore Another Lightweight Moisturizer? Then You Can Never Go Wrong With Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser.
Like what you just read? Then you'll love to like our Facebook page. Don't forget to follow us on Instagram. You can as well be a Beautysparker by joining our Facebook group, for discussions on skincare.