Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
- About The Brand.
- COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- My Honest Review On COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- In Conclusion.
- What I Like About COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- What I Dislike About COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- Possible Questions & Answers.
The universe smiled on me again as I successfully found another super lightweight moisturizer that perfectly suits my oily skin. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you, – Cosrx Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream. And yes, you guessed right, it’s a Korean-based skincare brand.
Few weeks ago I did a review on a similar gel-based moisturizer – Simple Hydrating Gel Cream – which was super lightweight on my skin and most importantly hydrated my skin without actually breaking it out.
And as usual, in my quest to keep bringing to you guys the best moisturizers that you can try-out (especially for people with oily skin, like myself), I have hunted down another oily-skin-suitable moisturizer, which I’ve used for two weeks, and guess what? I can’t wait to share my candid review about it with you guys. But before I hit the acceleration-button, let’s quickly know more about the COSRX skincare brand.
About The Brand.
COSRX is a South Korean brand, founded in 2013. As a dedicated skincare brand, they’re known for producing no-nonsense skincare products with high concentrations of actives. The ingredients aren’t complicated as they truly focus on the root of the issue for all types of skin concerns. Among the most wanted products in this brand are the hydrocolloid bandages called Acne Pimple Master Patches.
COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
A lightweight gel-based-moisturizer infused with green tea and pro vitamin B5 in combination with other skin soothing, nourishing and hydrating ingredients to tackle skin dehydration, flakiness and dullness for a plumper, supple and hydrated skin.
The prominent ingredients used in the formulation of this product will be briefly explained below:
- Propanediol: A solvent and humectant which is used to dissolve skincare ingredients and also hydrates the skin.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Also known as green tea extract, which possesses anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and astringent properties. This can help to reduce facial inflammation and redness, and skin irritations.
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a skin hydrating humectant, as it draws moisture from the air to deeply hydrate the skin. It also soothes skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis and to help heal wounds resulting from cracked skin.
- Panthenol: (Also known as pro vitamin B5). As a great skin moisturizing and conditioning ingredient, panthenol helps keep the skin intensely hydrated as it decreases transepidermal water loss (water that evaporates through the skin). Products containing just 1% of panthenol can rapidly hydrate skin, resulting in a more supple feel and appearance.
- Allantoin: Allantoin helps in shedding dead skin cells. It is a keratolytic agent, meaning it can soften and separate out the cornified (tough) layer of the skin. It keeps the skin smooth as the dead skin layer is now shed off.
- Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract: An extract that helps decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles, maximizes the hydration levels of your skin while locking moisture in. It also soothes irritations and reduces inflammation and redness.
COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream comes well packaged and sealed in a jar container packaging. All you have to do is to unscrew the cover and scoop out the product-content with your finger prior to application (ensure your fingers are clean).
It has a gel-like texture that feels super lightweight on the skin which enables it to absorb fast into the skin. All you have to do is give it a gentle massage till it’s fully absorbed.
It comes in a 50 ML container size.
Water, Propanediol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Tromethamine, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Allantoin, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract. Learn how to read skincare ingredient lists.
My Honest Review On COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
When it comes to one of the best moisturizers for oily skin, I think COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream should have a throne of its own. I mean, this is a moisturizer that balances between keeping your skin moisturized and not feeling heavy on the skin, which is a good thing for oily skinned-individuals (like myself).
Not only does it contain lightweight moisturizing ingredients like panthenol, glycerin, aloe ferox leaf extract, but also contains skin soothing and nourishing ingredients as well, like: camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea) and pro vitamin B5 which goes hand in hand to ensure the skin stays hydrated and also soothed.
My two weeks experience with this gel-based moisturizer was a great one I must say, and to crown it all off, I never experienced any kind of skin break-out or irritation while using this product, of course I performed a patch test first prior to commencing full product application and everything seems to be fine (I urge you to do the same too).
While this lightweight moisturizer is suitable for oily skinned-individuals, it may not serve sufficient amount of hydration to dry skinned-individuals, therefore, if you’re an individual with dry skin, I advise you seek moisturizers specifically designed for your skin type. Here are moisturizers suitable for dry skinned-individuals.
This moisturizer has won my heart and I’m definitely adding it to my skincare cabinet that holds the collection of my best moisturizers.
If you’re an oily skinned-individual and you’re aspiring to use this moisturizer, I wholeheartedly recommend it, your skin may thank you for it.
COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream is yet another lightweight moisturizer that has won my heart after two weeks of usage without experiencing break-outs or irritation of any kind.
Therefore, I wholeheartedly recommend it to individuals with oily skin seeking for weightless hydration.
Endeavour to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application to test for allergies.
What I Like About COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- It comes in a well packaged container and well sealed to avoid product spillage.
- Super lightweight (absorbs quickly).
- I never experienced any kind of irritations (ensure to perform a patch test)
- It doesn’t contain any potential skin toxic or harmful ingredients.
- It doesn’t contain pore-clogging ingredients.
What I Dislike About COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream.
- I dislike the fact that the product comes in a jar container packaging, which will result in scooping the product with the fingers which may introduce or deposit bacteria into the product. I wished it came with a small spatula or scooper to scoop the product prior to application or it came in a pump container packaging to decrease the chances of bacteria deposition into the product. I believe this is a room for improvement.
Note: While scooping the product prior to application, ensure your fingers are clean. This is to avoid introducing bacteria into the product.
- Another dislike I have for this product is for the fact that it’s a little bit pricey for the size. But if you can afford to buy it, then you may not regret making the decision.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How did you apply COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream?
A: After cleansing my skin with a skin-suitable facial cleanser, I gently pat (not rub) my face with a clean towel. While my skin is slightly moist or damp, I apply a reasonable amount of the moisturizer, while I gently massage till fully absorbed.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with the COSRX Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.
UP NEXT: I Used The People’s-Favourite Snail Mucin-Infused Moisturizer – COSRX Advanced Snail All In One Cream – And Here Is What I Think About It.