Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
I have exhausted my previous moisturizer, which is the Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, after two dedicated weeks of using it. Guys, this moisturizer is one of my go-to and will always remain in my skincare cabinet.
In my mission to dig-out all good moisturizers on the market, I went all in seeking for a new lightweight and oil-free moisturizer that can suit my skin type (oily skin). And guess what? I found another one, and it’s from the Simple skincare brand, called Simple Hydrating Gel Cream.
I previously made a review about one of their raving moisturizers called, Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer, which not only delivered satisfactory moisture to my skin, but also feels lightweight, non-greasy and non-shiny.
And in this article, I shall be sharing with you guys, my honest review on this newly-found gel cream moisturizer of mine called the Simple Hydrating Gel Cream which comes in a gel format and feels lightweight on the skin.
Before we hit the spot, let’s know a little about the brand.
About The Brand.
Simple skin care is a UK-based skin care brand which has earned themselves an astounding reputation for producing quality and skin-problem solving skincare products which are pocket-friendly and contains skin-friendly skincare ingredients without harbouring skin-toxic ingredients that can damage the skin barrier.
Simple Hydrating Gel Cream.
A lightweight gel moisturizer that contains a bunch of skin-loving and hydrating ingredients, to keep the skin intensely hydrated, therefore, tackling dryness, tightness and dehydration.
The prominent ingredients used in this formulation will be briefly discussed below:
- Dimethicone: This is a gentle, effective moisturizing ingredient for both the face and body. It helps provide long-lasting skin-smoothing benefits, and is ideal for areas prone to rough, dry skin such as knees, elbows, hands and feet, and can help with certain skin conditions like eczema.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Derived from coconut oil and glycerin, it’s considered an excellent emollient and skin-replenishing ingredient. It’s included in cosmetics due to its content of fatty acids that skin can use to replenish its surface and resist moisture loss. Caprylic/capric triglyceride can also function as a thickener, and can work as a preservative of sorts to make the active ingredients in cosmetics last longer, but its chief job is to moisturize and replenish skin. This ingredient’s value for skin is made greater by the fact that it’s considered gentle.
- Lactic Acid: A mild skin exfoliator under the class of alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) which helps slough off dead skin cells from the skin, therefore revealing fresher or new skin cells underneath. Due to its gentle exfoliating potentials, it also helps tackle skin aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines by helping diminish their appearance. In this moisturizer, lactic acid comes last on the ingredients list, which means it contains a very low concentration of the acid.
Simple Hydrating Gel Cream comes well packaged in a tube sealed-packaging, with a nozzle which guarantees the passage of the product content. All you have to do is to apply a slight pressure on the tube to extract the content prior to application.
Simple Hydrating Gel Cream comes in a lightweight creamy-gel texture, which glides effortlessly and smoothly on the skin and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy residue behind.
It comes in a 50 ml size.
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Stearic Acid, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Sodium PCA, Saccharide Isomerate, t-Butyl Alcohol, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid. Learn how to read skincare ingredient lists.
My Honest Review On Simple Hydrating Gel Cream.
My four weeks experience with this gel-cream moisturizer was wonderful, I have finished two bottles out of four bottles I bought. And believe me when I say I love the texture and feeling of this moisturizer on my skin.
As the name implies, it’s indeed super hydrating on the skin and sinks in fast, leaving the skin feeling non-greasy or shiny.
The gel format makes the texture of this product so lovely on the skin that people with oily skin (like myself) will fall deeply in love with this moisturizer.
From my experience with the Simple Hydrating Gel Cream, I didn’t experience any form of irritation or break-out of any kind, rather, my skin texture improved, while I always wake up with an intensely hydrated, plump and glowy skin every morning.
Regardless of your skin type, this moisturizer is suitable for all skin types, including people with dry skin too. As it serves intense moisture to the skin.
However, as it’s a moisturizer specifically designed for oily skinned-individuals, people with dry skin may not find this moisturizer hydrating enough.
This moisturizer is the new love that I have found amongst moisturizers, and it will always remain in my skincare cabinet.
If you’re seeking for a lightweight moisturizer that will suit your oily skin without bothering your skin with heaviness, then I wholeheartedly recommend Simple Hydrating Gel Cream, it serves weightless hydration to the skin, and contains no harmful ingredients that can ruin the skin barrier.
Don’t forget to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application.
What I Like About Simple Hydrating Gel Cream.
- It’s fragrance free.
- It’s affordable (pocket friendly).
- Comes well sealed and packaged.
- Super lightweight and absorbs quickly (doesn’t leave a greasy residue behind).
- It contains no harsh chemicals or skin toxic ingredients.
What I Dislike About Simple Hydrating Gel Cream.
- I have no dislike about this product.
Possible Questions & Answers
Q: How did you use the Simple Hydrating Gel Cream?
A: After cleansing my face with my facial cleanser, I pat (not rub) my face with a clean towel, while my face is moist, I apply a generous amount of the Simple Hydrating Gel Cream, while I gently massage till fully absorbed.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with the Simple Hydrating Gel Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.