Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
My skin type has subjected me to going solely for lightweight moisturizers that can intensely moisturize my skin without feeling greasy or leaving a greasy residue behind. Also as someone with oily and sensitive skin, using lightweight moisturizers decreases my chances of incurring clogged pores, which could lead to acne breakouts.
I have explored so many lightweight moisturizers from reputable brands such as Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion, Cosrx Advanced Snail All In One Cream, Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Gel Cream and Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser, and today, I’m adding another to the list, ladies and gentlemen, introducing to you, Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel – an aloe vera and propolis infused gel lightweight moisturizer, which I’ve used dedicatedly for two (2) weeks, both morning (AM) and night (PM). And I’ve come to share my honest review with you guys.
About The Brand.
Benton is a Korean skincare brand which specializes in the production of varieties of quality skincare products to address skin issues.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel.
A lightweight moisturizer, in a lightweight gel format, which contains aloe vera and propolis extract as its prominent skin hydrating and soothing ingredient. It delivers a skin soothing and hydrating effect to the skin, which leaves skin refreshed and hydrated.
The prominent ingredients in this formula will be brief explained below:
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water (also known as Aloe Vera): It is commonly used for its soothing properties and skin-calming effects. Aloe barbadensis leaf juice can also be used as humectant, and skin-conditioning agent in various types of cosmetic products.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: This commonly used plant extract offers antioxidant qualities to defend skin from environmental stressors. Studies also show it delivers soothing properties and serves as a humectant (hydrating agent).
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder: Similar to Aloe barbadensis Leaf water, this is the “juice powder” version which also serves the same purpose to the skin as it offers many benefits and is suited for all skin types, especially dry, damaged, broken, sensitive and irritated skin. It offers anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, humectant, and soothing, anti-itch qualities for skin.
- Propolis: Propolis has wonderful anti-inflammatory potentials as it helps soothes and heals the skin. Due to its intense skin hydrating potentials, it helps revitalize dull skin, smoothens the skin, which positively impacts the appearance of wrinkles, and also improves overall skin complexion and texture.
- Polysaccharides: Polysaccharides play a big role in their ability to mimic the natural carbohydrate fraction found in the top layer of skin. As a skin-replenishing overachiever, polysaccharides are responsible for the skin’s natural ability to hydrate and retain water. They are also critical for skin repair and renewal.
- Cucumber Fruit Extract: Cucumber extract contains phytochemicals that are considered anti-inflammatory. With their combination of vitamins including C and K, cucumbers are excellent warriors when it comes to battling free radicals and even acne, allowing your skin to cool off, de-puff, and clear up.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Also known as green tea extract, which possesses anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and astringent properties. This can help to reduce facial inflammation and redness, and skin irritations.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel comes well packaged in a tube packaging. Sealed to avoid product spillage. All you have to do is to remove the seal, then apply little pressure to dispense product content prior to application.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel has a super lightweight texture, in a gel format which glides effortlessly on the skin when applied, and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy residue behind.
It comes in a 160 ml tube size.
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Aqua (Water), Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Propolis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Betaine, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Arginine.
My Honest Review On Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel.
Imagine a moisturizer so lightweight that you would think you are applying just water on your skin, yet still hydrating to the skin. Guys, this is not exaggeration, this is just the fact.
When applied on the skin, you could almost not feel you applied a product on your skin, Yes, that’s how lightweight it is. But very hydrating to the skin that you could feel that satisfactory hydration.
The gel format is an added plus to its lightweight texture. As it glides effortlessly on the skin, thus causing efficient spreading and application on the skin, it absorbs almost immediately without over weighing the skin, or leaving a heavy or greasy feeling behind.
You’ve got oily skin? Your skin is going to love the feeling of this Korean-based gel moisturizer. Honestly, this is one of the most lightweight, yet profusely hydrating moisturizers I have ever experienced.
However, there is a downside. From my experience with the Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel moisturizer, I came to discover that aside its lightweight, skin soothing and hydrating potentials, the skin hydration it delivers isn’t long lasting. Oh, I’m sorry, did I burst your bubble?, I’m just being honest.
I always wake up with dry skin after applying this product at night. This tells a lot because of its super lightweight texture of the soothing gel moisturizer, which makes it lack the capability to keep the skin hydrated for a longtime. Coupled with the product contains more of humectants which are known to draw moisture from the atmosphere to hydrate the skin surface and when this moisture isn’t sealed in with a heavier moisturizer or an emollient, they evaporate into the air, thus leaving the skin feeling dry.
Therefore, if you’re seeking for a long-lasting skin hydration from a moisturizer, well, I’m sorry to break it to you, Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel isn’t dependable.
However, due to its super soothing and hydrating effect it delivers to the skin without leaving any greasy residue behind, you should use it alongside a richer moisturizer for added hydration.
What I do is, after applying a reasonable amount of Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, I plunge ahead to apply either Isntree Green Tea Fresh Emulsion or Cosrx Advanced Snail All In One Cream which are both lightweight (suitable for oily skin), yet delivers long lasting hydration to the skin.
You can hardly tell the difference between the two pictures right? Yes, that’s to tell you how lightweight this gel moisturizer is.
Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel is a moisturizer to go for if you’re on the oily skin side, and needs to enjoy skin soothing and hydration effect without a greasy feeling. However as lightweight as this product is, its hydration effect on the skin isn’t long-lasting.
Therefore, you have to combine this aloe vera and propolis-based gel moisturizer with a richer or an emollient–based moisturizer for a long-lasting hydration to take place. But regardless, Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel moisturizer gave my skin a taste of weightless hydration and soothing effect.
Don’t forget to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application to test for allergies.
What I Like About Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel.
- Easy to use.
- Well packaged.
- Affordable to purchase.
- Super lightweight and absorbs quickly (doesn’t leave a greasy residue behind).
- Comprises loads of skin moisturizing and soothing ingredients.
- Contain no artificial fragrance or colour.
- Contains no skin irritating ingredients.
What I Dislike About Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel.
- Doesn’t Deliver Long-Lasting Hydration: Irrespective of its soothing and hydrating effect to the skin, it doesn’t last long, therefore, you need to layer a richer moisturizer over it for more added hydration.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How Did You Use Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel?
A: After cleansing my skin with my ZapZyt Acne Wash Cleanser, I plunge ahead with my other skincare routine products, then lastly, I apply a generous amount of Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, while I gently massage it till fully absorbed.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with the Benton Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.