Our site is reader-supported. When you buy a product via our links, we may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Read full disclosure here.
Table of Contents
I have added another new moisturizer in my catalog and guess what? It’s a gel-based moisturizer, which goes by the name – PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
After exhausting my previous moisturizer, Cosrx Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel Cream, I plunged into the market to add something new into my collection, and here you have it, a moisturizer from the PURITO brand, which I’ve used for two weeks and I’m glad to share my honest experience with you guys about this product as always.
But before we dive into that, allow me to sensitize you about the brand.
About The Brand.
PURITO is an all-natural, environmentally-friendly and skin-friendly brand, based in Korea. This skincare brand aims to deliver effective, lasting and visible results on your skin. Founded in 2014, PURITO has since grown in terms of popularity and has an established presence especially among younger K-beauty lovers.
PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
An oat-seed-water extract and panthenol infused moisturizer, aims at delivering a soothing and calming effect to the skin while keeping the skin intensely moisturized without feeling heavy or bothersome to the skin.
The prominent ingredients used in the formulation of this moisturizer will be briefly explained below:
- Avena Sativa (Oat) Seed Water: Also known as Oat extract (extracted from oatmeal) is a well tolerated mild skincare ingredient, which moisturizes, protects and soothes the skin, all thanks to its anti-inflammatory potential. As it addresses and relieves itchy skin, because of its soothing effect to the skin, people with eczema and itchy skin will enjoy the soothing effect oat seed water offers to the skin. PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream contains 77% of avena sativa (oat) seed water.
- Squalane: A skin-naturally occurring plant derived or hydrogenated oil which is used in its pure form or in cosmetic formulations for moisturizing, hydrating and soothing the skin. This light-weight oil mimics our natural skin oil, which means when it’s applied on the skin, the skin recognizes it and takes it as its own.
- Panthenol: (Also known as pro vitamin B5). As a great skin moisturizing and conditioning ingredient, panthenol helps keep the skin intensely hydrated as it decreases transepidermal water loss (water that evaporates through the skin). Products containing just 1% of panthenol can rapidly hydrate skin, resulting in a more supple feel and appearance.
- Glycerin: A skin hydrating humectant, which draws moisture from the air to deeply hydrate the skin. It also soothes skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis and to help heal wounds resulting from cracked skin.
- Beta-Glucan: This is a humectant that effectively soothes and calms sensitive skin. It smoothes fine lines, providing hydrating and plumping benefits to the skin. This ingredient is also enriched with antioxidant properties to counteract environmental stressors.
PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream comes well packaged and sealed in a squeezable-tube packaging with a secure flip-flop and nozzle which guarantees the product passage. All you have to do is, gently add pressure to the tube to unleash the product content prior to application.
PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream has a gel-like texture, which feels lightweight, glides effortlessly on the skin and absorbs quickly after a gentle massage has been applied. It doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy or heavy.
PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream comes in a 100 ml size
Avena Sativa (Oat) Seed Water(77%)(Solvent), Butylene Glycol(Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin(Humectant), 2,3-Butanediol(Humectant), 1,2-Hexanediol(Solvent), Water(Solvent), Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer(Viscosity Increasing Agents), Squalane(Skin-Conditioning Agents), Hydroxyacetophenone(antioxidant), Carbomer(Viscosity Increasing Agent), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(Skin-Conditioning Agent), Panthenol(Skin-Conditioning Agents), Tromethamine(pH Adjuster), Ethylhexylglycerin(Skin-Conditioning Agent), Inulin Lauryl Carbamate(Emulsion Stabilizer), Sodium Surfactin(Solubilizing Agents), Beta-Glucan(Skin-Conditioning Agents). Learn how to read skincare ingredient lists.
My Honest Review On PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
This gel-based moisturizer reminded me of Cosrx Green Tea Aqua Soothing Gel, you know why? Because both moisturizers have the same exact gel-like texture and I was glad upon noticing this, because I really enjoyed the texture from the Cosrx moisturizer, which will be a continued experience with the PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
From my two weeks experience with the PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream, I could tell that my skin loves this moisturizer as it drinks it up anytime I apply it over my face, leaving my face with a temporal-glow (which is a sign of adequate skin hydration), while it absorbs pretty fast without leaving any greasy residue behind or overwhelming the skin, neither does it leave a shiny or tacky feeling as well.
The most joyous part is, this product never broke me out. As an oily skinned-individual, this is my best experience. It’s way better for a skincare product not to work on my skin, than to irritate or break me out. So, I was immensely glad not to see redness or new acnes on my skin while using this product, which is safe to say, it contains no pore-clogging or comedogenic ingredients, however, ensure to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application to test for allergies.
This moisturizer feels hydrating, soothing and calming on the skin, when applied onto my moist or damp skin, I enjoy the deep-skin hydration it offers, while gliding effortlessly over the skin and absorbing quickly. Keeping my skin well moisturized all night, feeling supple like that of a newborn the next morning. Oh!, I love this moisturizer and wholeheartedly recommend it to my oily skin brothers and sisters.
If you have dry skin, this moisturizer will as well serve its moisture-rich potential to your skin, however, it may not be long-lasting as it’s a lightweight gel-based-moisturizer which is best suitable for individuals with oily skin.
Therefore, I advise you should opt for moisturizers specifically designed for people with dry skin. You can explore our list of best moisturizers suitable for dry skinned-individuals.
My two weeks experience with PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream is a memorable one, and I’m glad to find another moisturizer that suits my skin perfectly. This moisturizer has made it into my skincare cabinet.
If you’re among the oily skin gang and you’re contemplating whether or not you should purchase and use this moisturizer, I’m here to tell you to go ahead and make the purchase, your skin may thank you for it. Don’t forget to perform a patch test first prior to commencing full product application to ensure product’s compatibility with your skin.
What I Like About PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
- It’s fragrance free.
- It’s affordable (pocket friendly).
- It comes well packaged and sealed.
- Contains no skin-harmful ingredients.
- Feels lightweight, glides effortlessly and absorbs quickly.
What I Dislike About PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream.
- I have no dislike about this product.
Possible Questions & Answers.
Q: How did you apply the PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream?
A: After cleansing my face with my Zapzyt Acne Wash Cleanser, I pat (not rub) my skin with a clean towel, while my skin is moist or damp, I apply a generous amount of the PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream onto my skin, while I give it a gentle massage till it’s fully absorbed.
For best experience, always apply your moisturizer on a damp or moist skin, when a moisturizer binds with water on the skin, it works perfectly to ensure optimum performance.
Disclaimer: This is a personal experience with the PURITO Oat-In Calming Gel Cream, you may have a whole different experience as skin type differs, so as result differs too.